Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting to know me

I'm sure you couldn't really care less about me if you're just stumbling into my fledgling project. Still, if you're going to be reading I suppose it's only fair that you know a little of my background and motivation. Let's set the stage, then.
Hello, world!
I recently got a (fairly useless in the "real world") grad school degree and am now back home with mom in good 'ol Queens, NY. Like a lot of other people my age I find that I don't quite know in which direction to next aim myself.

Meanwhile, I've been left with a fair amount of free time when I'm not involved with my ailing grandmother. Other than sleep, that free time has been filled largely with food - cooking, baking, grocery shopping, eating out, ordering in, Yelping, playing Restaurant Story, etc. No, that's probably not "healthy." I know.
CHOMP!
However, I've always liked to cook and eat. I've always liked making things, arts and crafts. I've always liked to write. It's only natural that I'd eventually turn to writing about food and creativity.

People in my life keep telling me to "do something with food." This is my answer to them. This is how I hope to find out if that's remotely the right direction for me. Thinking about food actively every day - can I do it and will I enjoy doing it?

So maybe this blog is somehow going to help me "find myself" in some way. Hahaha. Probably not! Honestly, I can't really tell you what exactly I'm going to blog about. I'm not sure. I can tell you it's certainly not going to be a blog about fine dining or whatever. Too broke! And of course Manhattan may appear, but it won't dominate. Because I'm 100% Queens, thanks. It's also not going to be heavy on detailed recipes. I'm more of a make-it-up-on-the-fly cook (and if you can get recipes from the likes of Jacques and Julia you really needn't rely on me).

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if it's about food how bad could it really be? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment