Monday, May 23, 2011

Hmm... so I didn't even end up having a pre-rapture dessert after my pre-rapture dinner on Friday. Shame on me! I could have died without a last embrace of chocolate on my lips. I did have a nice sushi dinner with my main squeeze, at least.

What a morbid subject, but it really is fascinating to try and decide what my last meal would be. I think I'd die before I could decide. I'm terribly indecisive. This may sound really jaded, but I don't even know if I've yet eaten anything "worthy" of being my last meal. I'm not hesitant or scared of dying, I don't feel my life has been boring or that I haven't experienced enough. However, when it comes down to the idea of having to eat only one more meal I start to feel my life hasn't truly begun. Weird, huh? I suppose it's all in the details. If we look at any dish too closely then it seems it could use another dash of salt or pepper, right?

Today, post-rapture, I've been a busy culinary beaver. I cooked up some pasta topped with chicken sausages and a plum tomato sauce for dinner. Then, I steamed some chorizo tamales for maƱana. Been on a real Mexican comfort food jaunt recently.

What cuisine are you into at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment