Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Simple Joys in the Meal of Life

Hahaha! I know, I know. That title is a clunker. Apologies.

Seriously, though, I was just snacking on a bowl of instant noodle soup that really hit the spot and it struck me - no matter what other options you have available, sometimes you just want that damn bowl of instant ramen. Even after a "famous," "gourmet" burger dinner, the ramen was somehow just what I needed.

Slurpin'

...On that train of thought, the "simple" slushie treat I had today from the Kelvin Natural Slush Co. truck really hit the spot, too. Natural, grown-up flavored slush? Yes, please! I wish that there were more Kelvin trucks around. (Ahem! Queens!) My ginger slush with white peach puree mixed in was far more refreshing and satisfying than the milkshake I had with dinner. Kelvin may have convinced me that slush should be my summer treat of choice. [However, to be fair to the shakes of the world, I have to admit that I didn't think that the milkshake in question was a good representative of milkshake-kind as a whole. It was too thin and was not cold enough.]

Hey, it took a lot of frozen treat fuel to score a shot like this, okay!?


And no, your eyes did not deceive you. I did have both a milkshake and a slush in the same evening.

That's how I roll.


But don't worry, I waddled off all the calories on the Highline. Plus, I shared with BF.

No comments:

Post a Comment